Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Curriculum Article Responses

"Translations"
I agree with the idea of teaching students things beyond the arts. Teaching them how to really look at the visuals around them and to become aware of their visual culture is something worth while. When she wrote about teaching students things that apply"Pod to their lives, I agree.  But it does make me think of the conversation we had in class when we talked about my Art History lesson and finding the balance between teaching things that are interesting to the students and not letting them stay in just one type or style of art.

"Postmodern Principles"
I feel like I straddle the line between Olivia Gude's teaching style and the traditional elements and principles method. I think it is important to know the vocabulary of art and to learn how to recognize things like balance and texture. But I don't think that it should be all that is taught. It should be integrated within other things like the methods Gude shares.

"Color Coding"
I like the idea of talking about how the Munsell Color Tree has colors added to it and how it helps students to think about how "knowledge is constructed and presented". Its a smart way to teach color and more advanced ideas at the same time. And I think it is a good idea to teach more than just basic color wheel theories when possible. It helps people look beyond basic colors and experiment more.

No comments:

Post a Comment